Monday, September 29, 2008

CARIBOU!!!

Lyle and his friends Rob and BJ just barely got back from Quebec after a week of hunting caribou. Successfully they all came home in one piece and with 2 caribou each. They all had alot of fun and had a great experience with most of it. Supposedly it wasn't that great of a year to go caribou hunting because their is always 2 migrating herds that come together every year but for some reason this year one of the herds never crossed the river and met up with the other herd which left 200,000 less caribou this year then in years before. Luckily for them they were all able to tag out unlike alot of the other hunters that went up there. One of the groups had 20 tags and were only able to get 5 bulls and 1 cow.

They hiked 4 miles from camp and saw this herd migrating, 3 guys 6 bulls down within 2-3 hours.


Because they were so far away from camp it took them 3 days to pack all of the meat back. It's a good thing that they got them within the first few days they were there.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Roudy will be so jealous! I can totally hear you laughing at me right now, but is Quebec in Canada? I thought Roudy wanted to hunt Caribou in Alaska. Maybe I'm smoking crack again. Roudy left last Sunday to hunt until this Sunday. Took the horses and everything. I hope the unlucky bastard gets a big one! :)

Maria said...

Those are some beasts! I don't think I realized they were that big. My brother Brandon would drool over your blog! :)