Monday, August 25, 2008

Here it is, hunters fabulous cast.

So how it happened nobody really knows if you ask hunter he will tell you that he was trying to do some jumps on his bike but who knows. Lyle and I were right there and trying to get him to come home, we turn around to head home and all of sudden we hear this horrible screaming (a scream that has never come out of hunters mouth before) we turn around and hunter and his bike had fallen over onto the GRASS, so we comfort him thinking no big deal he just hit it funny. We take him inside and try to get him to relax, wondering if he'd relax then he would stop crying and realize that it was no big deal. Well that screaming went on for 20 min. finally we realize that he didn't just hit it funny and something was really wrong. Then we saw it starting to swell up. Hunter went into community care and that's when they tell us it was broken and he had to go see a orthopedic surgeon. When the Ortho was finally able to squeeze us in we find out that he has to have it pinned and he has to have the cast on for 4-6 weeks. Well it is finally the 6th week and hunter will go in on thur. to get the pins out but he'll still have to wear a soft cast for another week. He has really been a trooper and the cast has not slowed him down one bit. I think he actually likes it because i swear he is trying to break his other arm. Next week he will finally be able to go swimming, ride his bike, TAKE A BATH and do all of the other stuff he has been wanting to do for summer.

Archery season started on Aug. 15th for antelope!

Here is my antelope that I got on Aug. 16th with my bow.



Here is Lyle's antelope that he got on Aug 23rd with his bow.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Your Lope definatly looks bigger than Lyles's! ;)

Love Hunter's hair in his pic! Glad things turned out okay. I'm sure it won't be your last cast or trip to the ER with your little monster!

Call me when you have a day off so we can go to lunch or something. I think it's stupid (that's a bad word) that we live so close and never hang. Any who...I'll quit rambling. Have a good day! ;)

Max said...

DANG GIRL!!! I can't believe all the hunting pictures, especially the bear! (By the way this is Maria (Finch) Jenkins) It's been forever! You are still as pretty as ever though, and I bet Lyle can't believe how lucky he is to have not only a gorgeous wife, but one who hunts right alongside him! Seeing those pictures of Stanley Lake makes me miss home so bad. We live in the Salt Lake area and it isn't by choice, sometimes you go where the job goes. My blog is mariamyths.blogspot.com Your kids are adorable!
P.S. this is going to say "Max" because I keep forgetting to sign him out and sign me in. Lara Hays is the one who found you and told me, you gotta love blogging!

Maria said...

By the way, great playlist! Out of all the blogs I read, your playlist is my favorite. You actually have a few of the same songs that I do.